Thursday, February 2, 2012

Introduction


Growing up is such a bittersweet roller coaster of a journey. As you've experienced, the older you become, the more you learn about yourself, whether it's through retreats, school, work, or daily occurrences. You're shaped by the people surrounding you, and you gradually uncover what is means to be you. I've been blessed with so many lifelong friends, engaging mentors, and the best family anyone could ever ask for; it's unreal. I recently lost my older brother and sister, not to mention two of my best friends. Needless to say, it has shaken my world. This blog is dedicated to them. They were two of the biggest influences on me as a person and continue to inspire and guide me as the best Guardian Angels God has available.

Despicable Me was one of their favorite movies.  I put my own spin on things and titled the blog, DiscoveringMe...Discovering Mel. It will be my way of keeping you all in the loop, and capturing my own thoughts of their memories, my life journey, and everything in between. I hope this finds you in good spirits and I hope you find some joy in my typical scatterbrained style.

Despicable Me Characters: Edith, Gru, Margo, Agnes, and Minions
Reis Ripple Forever

1 comment:

  1. Melanie, You are incredible and inspiriting. This is such a perfect idea to help keep the spirits of David and Karen alive. I love you so much and here’s a little shout out to one of the best movies of all time :D
    Gru: We stole the Statue of Liberty...!
    ...the small one, from Las Vegas!
    I won't even mention the Eiffel Tower... also from Vegas.
    Reis Ripple Forever

    ReplyDelete